PLEASE NOTE: Please read our eligibility page for details on which kinds of religious life are eligible to participate in our grant programs and which program is right for you.
The 2018 awards were announced last March. The application period for our 2019 awards will open on September 15th, 2018.
ALSO PLEASE NOTE: The 2019 grant awards will be announced on or about March 15, 2019. If you are planning to enter religious life before then, please read our discussion of Prudence and Faith so that you will have a full understanding of the first certification you make by signing the application.
To apply for a grant,
- Download the application package PDF. The application package includes general information, instructions on how to fill out the forms, and the forms themselves.
- Read the instructions, print the forms, fill out the forms, and mail them (just the forms, not the instructions) and your accompanying documentation to us at the following address. Your application must be postmarked no later than November 30, 2018 for it to be considered during the next application review process.
MEFV 9243 Old Green Mountain Road Esmont, VA 22937
- Submit application by U. S. Mail only. Do not use FedEx or UPS.
- Do not use Certified Mail, Return Receipt, Restricted Delivery, or Signature Confirmation to send your application. These methods require our signature and that may delay our receipt of your application package. If you use one of these methods, there is a really good chance that your application will be sent back to you unopened!! If you wish to confirm that your application was delivered, use Delivery Confirmation. See the faq for more information. Any express or priority service is a waste of your money. We live well off the beaten path. All the express/priority forms of delivery get here at exactly the same time as normal delivery.
- If you wish, you may send us email to let us know you have mailed an application. This optional step is recommended if you mail your application less than a week before the postmark cutoff date.
If you have any trouble downloading or printing the forms, write to us at email@example.com to request an application package by mail. We do not have the resources to assist with technical problems.
If you know someone who would like to apply, but who has no internet access, send us their mailing address and we’ll send along an application package by mail.
You may also write or call us at 877.556.6338 to request an application package.
Please note the following:
- We cannot process your application without a letter of acceptance from your religious institute. A copy of the letter should be included with your application package. Having your vocation director send it to us directly may delay the processing of your application.
- We cannot process your application without complete information about your loans. All the boxes in the section that describes your loans must be filled. If you don’t know the values to put in some of the boxes, contact your lender(s) to find out what they are. “Don’t know” and “Not available” are not acceptable answers.
- Please send us your application sometime during the open period which is from September 15th to November 30th. Don’t send us an application before September 15th as the loan information in it will be too stale. Applications must postmarked on or before November 30th to be reviewed for our single yearly awards. Awards are announced on or about March 15th of the following year. Your application must be postmarked no later than November 30, 2018 for it to be considered during the application review process for the 2019 awards. However, you should send in your application as soon as you can after the beginning of the open period on September 15, 2018.